Sunday, June 29, 2008

Broken Bike/ Rockford

So after riding my bicycle through a crazy thunderstorm, I noticed that my bottom bracket was moving around inside my frame. I took it to the bike store for a better look, and it turns out there was a crack at the chain stay in the carbon fiber that I should be more concerned with. After talking with Trek for a few weeks they had decided not to warrentee my frame, so I am now without a road bike.


For now I will be sporting my Felt cross bike. I am OK with the change. I have already raced it at Allen Park and Rockford, and I can corner and handle my bike just as well as anyone else in the field. Plus, it looks cooler then my trek which is always the most important thing:


The next bike I buy will most likely be aluminum, considering I can't afford anything else.

In other news, Rockford went alright for me. I finished with the main field and strolled in for an easy 22nd place. Unfortunatley for me I did not realize they were paying to 20, so I should've tried harder that last lap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you had a cc bike and didn't race cross!