Monday, April 20, 2009

ACCCCCCCCC Crit

I lapped the field with 8 others in the crit. It started as 4, then I bridged up solo over a half lap. Then over the next 20 minutes 4 others joined our group making it 9.

Joey and Winck made the break strong.

We lapped the field with 1 lap to go. Here is a picture of us right when we caught the field.

The breakaway just joined on the back-left side of the photo.

When we caught the field BW tried to get me through to the front, but I couldn't hold his wheel. I started my seated sprint from the back of the field, went as fast as a I could, and watched as the back of the field rode away from me. I was 8th, second to last of the break. I should have done better, I was very disappointed with myself. It was one of those races where you swear really loudly on the backside of the course during your cool-down lap.

Yet again Joey laps the field, then goes on to beat everybody in the field sprint. I have no idea how he does it.

After the race we had the award ceremonies for the conference. The VT team did well, winning the Men's A, Women's A and Men's C overall, and second in the team competition to Navy.

Up next is collegiate nationals. My training for conferences was to taper for 4 weeks, and I did not have the legs in the end. I think this time I will train hard for the next 2 weeks, then take an easy week before nationals.

2 comments:

Steven Gordon said...

great post, great riding

Sam said...

what did you think of that article?

i just thought that the "ramen profitability" part,

should be easy for us, you're already eternally at pbj profitability so just some tweaking

so if your not free friday night, lets go out thursday night after the 5k, triclub is having a wine and cheese thing

yea now stevens jealous

oh, great ride, great start to the season, pictures are tight, be sure and wake eoin up tonight