Sunday, January 18, 2009

I fixed my bike, but it is ugly

I worked on my bike non-stop (during commercials) the last couple days and I present the finished product:


I made the handlebar tape match the seat, but unfortunately, they don't match the rest of the bike. Not to mention the brown and orange tires I have on there. In cycling I believe in a few strict rules (in no particular order)

1. The 3 hour rule. (2 hour rule for some road races)
2. Don't walk around after 5 p.m. the night before your race.
3. In order to go fast, you have to look fast.
4. Protein night before, carbs two nights before.
5. Never eat pancakes.
6. Make sure you bike is ready the night before the race, not the day of.
7. Cold water at the end of every shower.

According to rule number 3 on the above list, I will need to work on my bikes appearance before the season starts on Feb 7th. (Owen Cup)

4 comments:

Tim C said...

what is this no pancake rule about?

John Z said...

What the pancake rule means is that even if you follow the 3 hour rule, you can't eat pancakes. I learned this lesson before the VT crit freshman year, when I upchucked my pancake breakfast on the side of the course.

reid beloni said...

It's also important to follow the no pancake rule, because according to Tommy Brock, pancakes are all you should eat before a race. And with how wrong Tommy is, it follows suit that this also must be wrong.

Chris Aten said...

HAHA, I like the rules. No pancakes seems like a good one to me. What the hell is in them besides fluff anyways?

I was in the Palm Beach area. Did you guys ride down that far? The furthest north I rode was Jupiter Beach or Singer Island if that gives you some reference. I'm glad you enjoyed the sun for a bit as well! Even though the roads are flat, there is some great training, especially in the headwinds up and down the coast.