Sunday, July 12, 2009

Crash

A lot has changed since I last posted. I moved back to Blacksburg, VA. I have a full-time internship with dish-network in Christiansburg. But I don't answer phones. Racing wise, I did the second rainy roanoke crit and got dropped. Mostly because I couldn't corner well after I few close calls with some back wheel slippage. I got tired of chasing back on after every turn, so I got dropped after about 15 minutes.

Today I finished up an omnium in TN/VA. There were only 12-13 guys in each race, which was kind of weird. In the RR, I started a break with one other 10 minutes in, and Timmy C. quickly bridged up. We worked together well putting in over 3 minutes on the field. I wasn't feeling well, and my pulls turned into no watts, so I opted to drop out of the break instead of sitting on after about 40 miles. Tim and the other guy, Jason, made it until the last lap before getting reeled in. I finished in the back of the pack, 11th.

The crit was supposed to be downtown, but they changed the course at the last second. So instead, we had a 1 km course with 4 u-turns. Living hell. Watching all the day's races before mine, I figure I should just be in the top 3 the entire time or I was going to get gapped out of the corners. I did that right from the gun, and by the end of the first lap I was off the front with one other. On the third lap I messed up a turn and crashed, mostly because I was trying to match the speed of my breakaway companion, who can corner like crazy. He went on to lap everybody, I jumped back into the race and finished in the field.

Congrats to Andrew Olson for winning the Category 1 Omnium. All in the TT.

This was all a test to see if I can type for work tomorrow.

-JZ

1 comment:

Chris Aten said...

What's new man? How's the VA scene?